Outreach & Administrative Coordinator
The nonprofit Harwich Conservation Trust (HCT) seeks qualified applicants for the position of Outreach & Administrative Coordinator. This mostly office-based role will assist with office management including membership database as well as event planning and educational outreach to connect the community with the great outdoors. Join an outgoing, experienced, dedicated team of land trust staff and volunteers. This position is part-time, possibly full time, depending on candidate qualifications and match with HCT goals. Please review the description below and “how to apply” steps. Thank you for your interest.
HCT Mission & Background:
Founded in 1988 by volunteers from all walks of life with a shared vision of protecting the natural beauty of Harwich, the nonprofit Harwich Conservation Trust’s (HCT) mission is to preserve land that protects water quality, walking trails, wildlife, and the Cape Cod experience. HCT proactively preserves priority lands, takes care of conservation destinations, restores the health of land and water resources, and connects people to the outdoors with inspiring events and meaningful volunteer opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Experience in an office setting working with colleagues and the public
· A minimum of a bachelor’s degree
· Up to three years of related nonprofit or government experience
· Attention to detail and be highly organized
· Clear written and verbal communication skills
· Computer experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and database management (example: Little Green Light)
· Experience with web-based communication tools including social media and email outreach (example: Constant Contact)
· Familiarity with online event registration (example: Eventbrite) and website program (example: Wordpress)
· Interest in collaboration and supporting volunteer involvement, cultivating community relationships, and growing within the role
· Willingness and availability to work occasional evenings and weekends
· Appreciation for the outdoors and familiarity with the nature of Cape Cod
Office Administrative & Membership Support:
· Maintain the membership database, prepare thank you letters, process donations, and produce reports
· Provide support for educational programs and events with planning, outreach, and registration
· Work with colleagues to enhance member communication and volunteer activities
· Answer phone and greet visitors (shared responsibility among staff)
Education and Event Support:
· HCT eNews: Design and create content with eNews event announcements for HCT’s diversity of guided walks and talks
· Social Media: Update Facebook and Instagram posts
· Event Registration: Create online event registration pages and link to website as well as social media
· Website: Create event pages and posts using Wordpress
· Fresh ideas: Coordinate event/walk topics and leaders, collaborate with HCT colleagues to create new educational opportunities
HCT Communication Support:
· Help coordinate various print projects including but not limited to the Spring/Autumn Newsletter, member communications, volunteer activities, and special projects
· Assist with organizing HCT content for printing and mailing
How to apply:
• Please email cover letter, resume, three reference contacts, and up to two writing samples (e.g.: grant proposal, brochure, social media post, web content, other) to email@example.com.
• In the email subject line, type “HCT application.”
• Please address cover letter to Michael Lach, HCT Executive Director, P.O. Box 101, South Harwich, MA 02661.
• Applications accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
• Please visit www.harwichconservationtrust.org to learn more about HCT.