The Harvard Conservation Trust (“HCT”) is seeking a passionate, talented Office Manager to work 20 hours per week. Areas of support include updating the CRM system for membership and donor drives and other fundraising and membership activities; general office operations; communications with Trustees, members and other stakeholders; events planning and logistics support; and interfacing with the finance team on accounts payable and receivables.
The position reports to the Officers of the Board of Trustees and works closely with HCT’s Development and Outreach Committees. This is a part-time position based remotely or at HCT’s office, located in Harvard, MA.
● Manage the mechanics of membership and donor mailings
● Continually update member profile data in the CRM database for accuracy and speak with members and donors on occasion
● Work with part-time bookkeeper and Treasurer to process payments and donations
● Conduct general office administration such as responding to emails, managing vendors, ordering supplies, filing and scanning documents, setting meetings, and more
● Work closely with the Finance Committee to prepare and manage monthly reports to the Board
● Work with the Officers and committee chairs in preparation for Board meetings
● Post information to the HCT Website
● Support outreach to HCT members, donors, and targeted prospects by managing mailings and email campaigns
● Assist with development and membership activities, including mailings and outreach
● Provide events planning and logistics support for a few membership and fundraising events each year (Tree for All, Run for the Hills, Annual Meeting, etc.)
● Administrative, finance operations and/or fundraising experience within a non-profit or for-profit environment
● Flawless written and verbal communication skills and confidence working across a variety of stakeholders including partner organizations, donors, members of the general public, and the Board of Trustees
● Experience using email systems (we use Mailchimp) and Wordpress for posting events and information to the Website
● Proficiency with CRM systems such as (Salsa, Donor Perfect, Neon, Little Green Light, Salesforce, Hubspot, Zoho, …) , CMS systems such as Wordpress, MS Office, and QuickBooks
Location and Hours: Remote position with ability to work from HCT’s office in Harvard, MA. This is a part-time position, limited to 20 hours per week. Must be available for local meetings, including weekday evenings. Occasional weekend events will be required.
We will only respond to applicants who live within 25 miles of Harvard, MA.
Compensation: $20-$25/hour commensurate with experience. Healthcare and 401k / retirement plan not included.
Application Procedure: Interested individuals should send a cover letter with résumé electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Harvard Conservation Trust in an equal opportunity employer.
About the Harvard Conservation Trust
Harvard, Massachusetts is renowned for its scenic beauty, rich wildlife habitats and historic landmarks. The Harvard Conservation Trust is a charitable, non-profit land trust whose mission is to preserve the unique character and natural resources of Harvard. This includes water resources, wildlife habitats, and areas of ecological significance; areas for outdoor recreation and education; as well as Harvard’s farmlands. Having protected nearly 1,000 acres since the organization was founded about 50 years ago, The HCT is continuously working to acquire and protect new lands for wildlife and the community. Our headquarters is located on the grounds of the historic Fruitlands Museum in Harvard, MA, 210 acres of land, stunning views and miles of walking trails.