The Water Supply Citizens Advisory Committee (WSCAC), established in 1978, seeks qualified candidates for its Executive Director. The office is based in Belchertown, MA at the Department of Conservation and Recreation’s Division of Water Supply Protection Quabbin campus.
WSCAC advises the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA) and state agencies on water resource policy and watershed protection. WSCAC’s membership is diversified geographically and by interest, representing source water communities, watershed associations, water utilities, environmental groups, business, water users, and other interested parties.
WSCAC focuses on water quality and quantity, source protection, watershed management, the DCR watershed lands and the MWRA distribution systems serving central Massachusetts communities and the Boston metropolitan area.
The principal duties of the Executive Director include:
• Attending meetings of the MWRA Board of Directors, the MWRA Advisory Board, and interacting with MWRA staff
• Tracking laws, regulations, and policies that may affect the MWRA
• Planning and reporting the proceedings of monthly WSCAC meetings
• Writing and implementing WSCAC ideas, policies and positions
• Interacting with state agencies on relevant issues
• Communicating routinely with the WSCAC Chair and Executive Committee
• Networking with relevant organizations
• Supervising office operations with the part-time office administrator
• Preparing the annual budget and monthly reports
Qualifications for the position are a Master’s degree, or equivalent experience in a discipline related to water resources planning, policy and protection. Candidates must be comfortable with public speaking, possess strong writing skills and be able to work independently and with a diverse volunteer membership.
Employment is at-will on an annual basis, and is contingent upon continued MWRA funding. The salary is $81,018. Travel expenses are provided and limited health benefits are available.
Applications, including a cover letter stating your interest, qualifications and a resume should be submitted to the WSCAC Executive Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org