Bear-Paw Regional Greenways
Bear-Paw Regional Greenways (Bear-Paw) is an accredited land trust with a twenty-seven-year history, conserving over 10,000 acres in the New Hampshire towns of Deerfield, Hooksett, Allenstown, Candia, Nottingham, Northwood, Epsom, Barnstead, Pittsfield, Strafford, and Raymond. In addition, our region includes Bear Brook, Pawtuckaway, and Northwood Meadows State Parks. Bear-Paw’s mission is to cultivate a resilient network of wild and working lands to sustain connections across communities of people, plants, and wildlife.
Bear-Paw seeks a dynamic and gracious individual with vision and leadership skills to serve as Executive Director. The successful candidate will have proven communications, fundraising, and nonprofit management skills and experience, as well as a passion for land and natural resource conservation. He/she/they will share our core values of respect, community building, inclusion, and collaboration.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of organizational function, including staff management, grant writing, cultivating donors and volunteers, membership development, public relations and working to advance our mission.
● Ability to engage with people and build respectful partnerships.
● Effective writing and public communication skills.
● Ability to serve as the public voice of the organization, broadening awareness of our efforts among donors, conservation partners, and the general public.
● Experience with fundraising campaigns and donor development
● Visionary and strategic in working with the board towards achieving Bear-Paw’s mission.
● Administrative, human resources and financial management skills.
● A genuine interest in and enthusiasm for land and natural resources conservation.
● Independent thinker and problem solver, able to initiate, develop, and sustain projects and programs.
● Successful track record in securing grants, and meeting grant objectives.
● Ability to work with the Board of Directors through assertive, respectful, and collaborative communication.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and three references to email@example.com
The full job description is available at http://www.bear-paw.org/employment-opportunities.html.
Screening will begin February 10, and continue until the position is filled.