The Campaign Manager will lead in the design of the comprehensive campaign plan as well as manage the execution of all aspects of this multi-faceted, multi-year campaign. They will lead development of campaign and prospect strategy and identification of prospects, as well as executing day-to-day planning, coordination and management of the campaign. The role reports to the Executive Director and entails working collaboratively and thinking creatively with members of the NEFF development office and senior staff, Campaign Leadership Team, and Board of Directors.
• Work with the Campaign Committee, Board of Directors, and other staff to finalize campaign strategy and top prospects.
• Ensure that board and senior staff have a clear understanding of their assignments and a clear path to cultivate, engage, and solicit support from top prospects.
• Lead formalization of campaign management and organization including crafting a multi-year campaign plan.
• Work with key volunteers and staff to develop and refresh a pipeline of rated prospects and moves management strategies for top prospects to maximize philanthropic results.
• Work with prospect research staff on prospect profiles and database management of prospects and donors.
• Develop campaign correspondence including updating and improving the campaign case statement, developing solicitation proposals, and preparing meeting requests and meeting
follow-up as appropriate.
• In collaboration with communications staff, manage the writing and development of campaign print and electronic collateral materials and coordinate their design and production.
• Develop and/or maintain all systems, policies, procedures, metrics and infrastructure to support efficient and effective implementation of the campaign.
• Work with the Development Associate to use the donor tracking system to monitor the progress of each prospect through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
• Assist in strategizing and implementing cultivation and recognition events.
• Monitor fundraising progress, set goals, motivate and support staff and volunteers, and instill collaboration and cohesiveness to ensure success.
• Implement donor stewardship and transition strategies to ensure campaign supporters are well engaged with NEFF moving forward.
Preferred Experience and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of development experience, preferably in the areas of major gift fundraising and managing components of a capital campaign. Additional education or experience preferred.
• Direct experience in a capital campaign aiming to raise at least $25 million or leadership of a campaign aiming to raise at least $10 million strongly preferred.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, creative, strategic, professional and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Strong analytic and strategic-thinking skills.
• Superior written and verbal communication and listening skills, including editing and proofreading skills.
• A collaborative colleague dedicated to working as a member of a team.
• High energy, “can do” spirit and a sense of humor.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
• Keen interest in conservation and the environment required; experience in forest ecology and forest management preferred.
Compensation and Other Information
Salary is commensurate with experience. New England Forestry Foundation offers a comprehensive benefit package for full time employees and a friendly working environment. The position will initially be based at the organization’s Prouty Woods headquarters in Littleton, Massachusetts, which offers access to hiking trails and a lake for swimming as well as ample parking and easy access to major commuting options. NEFF has offered a fully remote working environment during Covid-19 and expects to maintain options for flexible schedules and remote work.
New England Forestry Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample via email to Penny Flynn at email@example.com with the subject line “Campaign Manager position.”
About New England Forestry Foundation
Through the application of our core expertise in conserving forestland and advancing Exemplary Forestry, New England Forestry Foundation (NEFF) helps the people of New England to sustain their way of life, protect forest wildlife habitat and ecosystem services, and mitigate and adapt to climate change. NEFF has protected one of every three acres of land conserved in New England this century and currently manages more than 150 properties that the organization owns outright and more than a million acres of conservation easements.
During the last seven years, NEFF has tripled its budget, doubled numbers of annual supporters, nearly tripled staff numbers, and increased philanthropic support to the organization several fold. In January we closed out the first phase of a comprehensive $25 million campaign, completing about a third of the financial goal. In February and March, we secured two seven-figure pledges to the campaign, and we are poised to launch into a high-energy, high-commitment mode aiming to cross the midpoint of the campaign and more in the next 12 months. The next phase of the campaign will focus on securing additional support for our Exemplary Forestry Center, which aims to drive forward regional and national efforts to combat climate change through spreading Exemplary Forestry, advancing rapid land conservation, and promoting new uses of wood that displace climate-damaging materials such as steel and concrete.