The Southborough Open Land Foundation (SOLF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1988 to preserve, protect, and enhance the natural resources in the Town of Southborough. Our goal is to maintain and improve the quality of life for the benefit of present and future generations of Southborough’s residents and visitors. SOLF is searching for an experienced, reliable, and task-oriented part-time Administrative Assistant who is passionate about nature and land conservation. The Administrative Assistant will work directly with the Board of Trustees and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties that will provide critical support for our goals.
• Acts as the administrative point of contact between the Board and internal/external entities.
• Undertakes the tasks of receiving calls, taking messages, and routing correspondence.
• Conserves the Trustees' time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information, initiating communications.
• Maintains SOLF Annual Calendar, keeping track of programming, conferences, and meetings.
• Tracks Board initiatives and action items for Trustees in upcoming meetings
• Provides historical reference by utilizing and organizing online documents and artifacts
• Maintains SOLF supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, evaluating needs for new products, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies.
• Other duties as assigned by the Board.
• Experience as an Executive or Administrative Assistant
• Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with other programs and software.
• Strong organizational, schedule management, and multi-tasking abilities.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Friendly and professional demeanor and an interest in open space preservation and nature.
Requires attendance at monthly meetings, otherwise remote and flexible. Expected commitment of 4-5 hours per week with potential for additional hours as needed. To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and a minimum of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15.