Become a Member
If your land trust is not a member, join! MLTC is funded primarily by member dues and individual contributions. Get your open space committee, watershed association, park friends group or Community Preservation Committee to become a Friend of the Coalition or become an individual Friend yourself.
The Work of the Massachusetts Land Trust Coalition
MLTC is a voluntary association of land trusts founded to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and information, to increase the effectiveness of Massachusetts land trusts in working with the state legislature and environmental agencies, and to promote high professional standards. The Coalition has played a crucial role in supporting key conservation legislation and has become an important networking resource for the state’s land trusts. MLTC counts over 130 organizations as Members and Friends, land trusts as well as watershed associations, open space committees, and advocacy groups.
Among the services MLTC provides to the land conservation community are:
- MassLand Weekly E-News and Special Alerts (reaching over 1800 subscribers).
- Land Protection List Server for practitioners to exchange peer knowledge and experience.
- Quarterly Steering Committee meetings offering opportunities to hear educational presentations and discussions of timely topics, and to network with peers.
- The Attorney's Advisory Panel of lawyers well-versed in land conservation dealings. Guidance from the Panel is posted periodically on the MLTC website.
- MassLand website with current events and topics, member and service provider contact information, and a Land Protection Library of articles and examples essential for land conservation work.
- Administering programs of grants and other financial assistance for member land trusts.
- Regional meetings of land conservation practitioners convened whenever topics of great significance to the community arise.
- Service Providers Directory of lawyers, appraisers and other professionals experienced in land conservation.
- Public policy work that has gained Land Trusts increased recognition as an important constituency, and promoted policies that support private and public land conservation efforts.
- Co-sponsoring the annual Massachusetts Land Conservation Conference.
- Opportunities for members to interact with legislators and regulators on land protection issues.
- Increased access to training, education, technical assistance and other resources.
Land Trust: Offered to all non-profit, charitable organizations that actively protect and steward conservation land in Massachusetts.
Conservation Partner: Offered to all non-profit, charitable organizations in Massachusetts interested in land conservation, but whose primary focus / activity is not land conservation, for example, a watershed group, trails association or “Friends of” group.
Friend of the Massachusetts Land Trust Coalition (Business): Offered to other non-profit organizations, public entities and businesses that wish to support and participate in the work of the Coalition. Business Friends who are recommended by at least one member land trust will also be listed in the Service Providers Directories.
Friend of the Massachusetts Land Trust Coalition (Individual): Offered to individuals who wish to support and participate in the work of the Coalition. No personal information will be shared on our website.
A reminder that your personal gifts are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law.
Sustaining Member - Dues of $1,000 per year or more
Sponsoring Member - Dues of $500 per year
Supporting Member - Dues of $250 per year
Basic Member - Dues of $50 per year
Sustaining Friend - Dues of $1,000 per year or more
Sponsoring Friend - Dues of $500 per year
Supporting Friend - Dues of $250 per year
Basic Friend - Dues of $50 per year